[Resolved] Colourful boxes with icons

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Colourful boxes with icons

Home Forums Support Colourful boxes with icons

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ETO

Hello!
    I would like to create colourful boxes with an icon just like the ones here.

I already use Font Awesome Icons on my site and I would like to create responsive boxes with a background colour and icon.
    How can I do this without using a plugin?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are you using the Block Editor ?

ETO

Do you mean Gutenberg editor? If so, I could not find out how to create something I mentioned above.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, the Block Editor is known as Gutenberg.
    You can use the GenerateBlocks plugin then you can use the Headline Block, which supports inline SVG ie what we discussed here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/avoid-large-layout-shifts-2/#post-1577091

GenerateBlocks is super lightweight – it will simply create the HTML and CSS that you would have to write without it.

ETO

Thanks a lot, David.
    I will give a try to GenerateBlock plugin.

I hesitate to use any plugin for such usage. Because let’s say that I will give up using GenerateBlocks plugin in the future, then will I have to edit all those things in my hundreds of posts one by one or is there an easy solution to bulk edit?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you ever decided to remove GenerateBlocks then any Headline Block you added will simply convert to a standard Heading Block. But they will no longer have their SVG icons.

This would be the same for whatever plugin you used.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.