[Resolved] Colors not working in Safari 14.0.2 while in dark mode

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Colors not working in Safari 14.0.2 while in dark mode

Home Forums Support Colors not working in Safari 14.0.2 while in dark mode

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    emanharout

When on Safari 14.0.2 with dark mode enabled, colors don’t seem to work. Safari instead gives me random rgb colors I never specified *anywhere* in my site’s CSS or in prism.js.

For instance, if I go to view the inline code RaceCar on this post, the background color I have set appears fine in FireFox and Chrome, but not the latest version of Safari.

Safari instead has additional CSS I never added under the @media screen:

Extra CSS added in Safari

1. The extra CSS Safari adds is always based off the selector I specify. Here it’s p code, li code, if I changed that then it’ll update to reflect.
    A. Not sure why only Safari is adding @media screen and replacing the colors I specified.
    2. Adding fallback colors doesn’t solve the issue, Safari just replaces my colors.
    3. !important doesn’t help.
    4. Hard coded colors don’t work.
    5. If curious, here’s a stackoverflow post with more details.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i checked the post provided on Chrome and Safari 14 ( and the latest Tech Preview 14.1) and this is the result i got:

Unless i am missing something – i cannot see the difference. Do you have any browser extensions enabled ?

emanharout

David, you are BRILLIANT! It was an extension after all! Thank you so much 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.