[Support request] Coblocks with GeneratePress?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Coblocks with GeneratePress?

Home Forums Support Coblocks with GeneratePress?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cameron

I know you guys are working on a set of blocks, but if I understand correctly, they are not available, even in beta yet?

Hence my question:

“Will I lose anything by using Coblocks with GP over the Coblocks-specific theme (Go)”

This question really comes down to how much information or how many variables are passed from the theme to Coblocks.

I don’t know the answer to this, and I don’t expect you guys to know the specifics, but I know you are building a set of blocks, and have been trying to support other users trying to use Coblocks with GP.

I really need to get a site built now, so I can’t really want to wait for your blocks, unfortunately.

So, if you can just help me understand the pros and cons of using GP with Coblocks, it would be appreciated.

I see these choices:

1. Try to use GP+Coblocks, and see how it works, ie: can I set the Coblocks color palette from GP?
    2. Put GP aside for now (I am pro licensed) and use the Coblocks authors theme: Go
    3. Give up on Gutenberg for now and stick to GP sections.

Any feedback on what kind of impedance mismatches to expect between GP and Coblocks are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Cameron

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I know you guys are working on a set of blocks, but if I understand correctly, they are not available, even in beta yet?

Tom actually just announced that beta should be available next Monday.

Personally I’ve not tried Coblocks but GP should work seamlessly with any block plugins that are well coded and built to work with any WordPress themes – same as our upcoming Generate Blocks, it will work with any themes.

I’m assuming there are some advantages to use CoBlocks with the Go theme but you will need to check with their support.

I’d say that these things are really personal preferences so giving both themes ago might be your best bet.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.