[Support request] Coach Theme Footer Element Colors

Home Forums Support [Support request] Coach Theme Footer Element Colors

Home Forums Support Coach Theme Footer Element Colors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Christian

Hello,

I would like to modify the text colors of widgets added from the block builder in the global footer element – Coach Theme.

I added the following to the footer element under Appearance > Elements > Footer Template:

Latest posts, categories, archives.

These block builder widgets appear in a red color by default with dark colored hover. I would like to change the color to white with red colored hover to match current modifications to theme.

How can I change these colors as it appears I can not do so in the document and block section editor on page.

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Christian

Hi Leo,

I surely can. Would it be possible for me to add you to site admin?

Please send me your email.

Thank you,

Christian

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is your site live?

If so can you just provide the link to start with?

We don’t need the dashboard access yet.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Christian

Unfortunately, it’s still in the staging phase. just about ready to go live in a few days.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use support@generatepress.com

Please provide the login info using the private info box here.

Thanks!

Christian

Admin added.

thank you!

Christian

site url sent in private info box.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Christian,

I’ve checked your site.

I believe the footer is made with GenerateBlocks added on a Block Element hooked to the footer.

You should be able to style these on the Block Editor when you open the Block Element. You can also style other things from the site’s customizer.

These block builder widgets appear in a red color by default with dark colored hover. I would like to change the color to white with red colored hover to match current modifications to theme.

I’m not sure I understand completely. Can you explain a bit more?

While I see the footer with an image background with red overlay, I don’t see any widgets that are red in color with dark colored hover.

However, what I found are fonts with white color and some links with no :hover settings and widget with the default blue link color.

Perhaps you’re pertaining to this widgets with the default colors. This ones are styled on Appearance > Customize > Colors.

Christian

Hi Elvin,

Yesโ€”I am referring to the links to categories, recent posts and archives with no :hover settings and widget with the default blue link color.

For some reason I can’t style these widgets with the block editor settings in the sidebar of admin. Color setting do not appear for these widgets.

After following the steps Appearance > Customize > Colors in what tab after > Colors would I be able to change the default blue color to white?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Christian

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

After following the steps Appearance > Customize > Colors in what tab after > Colors would I be able to change the default blue color to white?

Yes you should be able to style whatever is in the footer through Appearance > Customize > Colors > Footer.

There’s actually an option there specified for footer widgets. There’s also one for footer bars. They have their own respective link and link hover state color settings.

Let us know if that works out.

Christian

Elvin,

I changed all colors to white in the footer widget section. Also, logged out and cleared browser cache. Still not reflecting any changes.

Any other things we can try?

Thank you,

Christian

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I changed all colors to white in the footer widget section. Also, logged out and cleared browser cache. Still not reflecting any changes.

Oh right, I’ve checked your block element, it’s a part of the block rather than added through footer widgets. It makes sense why it wasn’t working. My bad.

We can use custom CSS. You can try this:

.site-footer ul > li > a {
        color: white;
    }

.site-footer ul > li > a:hover {
        color: red;
    }
    Christian

Hi Elvin,

Thank you for researching and sharing the code.

Where should the CSS code be placed?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Christian

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can put it on your Additional CSS on Appearance > Customize.

Or Child theme if you have one. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.