[Resolved] Co-authors plus & page headers

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Co-authors plus & page headers

Home Forums Support Co-authors plus & page headers

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kristian

I read the latest instructions from here and added the code to my child theme’s functions.php.

With this the authors are visible on the front page of my blog but on articles with Page Header, only the main author is visible. Also only one author box (plugin called Starbox) from the main author is generated on the article.

Any way to fix this with GP? Any other viable co-author plugins? We are adding two more bloggers to our lineup so this is soon a very needed feature for us!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could create a shortcode to use in the Page Header content:

add_shortcode( 'author_plus', 'tu_coauthors_plus_shortcode' );
    function tu_coauthors_plus_shortcode() {
    	return sprintf( ' <span class="byline">%1$s</span>',
    		function_exists( 'coauthors_posts_links' ) ? coauthors_posts_links( null, null, null, null, false ) : ''
    	);
    }

Then you can use this in the Page Header content: [author_plus]

As for the other question, you’ll likely need to check with the developers of Starbox.

Kristian

Ha, thanks a lot! Perfect!

Is adding shortcodes and filling the functions.php with all kinds of stuff, like the lines Co-authors Plus requires to function, very resource intensive? I wouldn’t like to bloat it too much.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It depends on the functions you’re using in the shortcodes. In this case, it barely makes a difference πŸ™‚

Kristian

Thanks a lot!

Ahh, one more thing. After adding the short code to page header, the author name popped back up under the header. Easiest way to remove it? Using a child theme.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can turn off the author in “Customize > Layout > Blog” πŸ™‚

Kristian

Ahhh, of course, too simple. Thank you so much. Support alone is worth the license! πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome! Thank you πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.