[Support request] CLS & LCP issues flagged

Home Forums Support [Support request] CLS & LCP issues flagged

Home Forums Support CLS & LCP issues flagged

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anthony

Hi, Search Console has flagged CLS and LCP issues on my site that i’d like to resolve.
    After looking at some similar posts on this forum I have stopped my logo being lazy loaded (with WP Rocket). Is there anything else that I can do?
    Pagespeed Insights suggests i’m better on desktop but struggling on mobile. Visually, it seems like the logo and header menu jump around when a page is loaded so not sure if I can do anything about that?
    Happy new year and many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

aside of the logo – the other main issue we see with WP Rocket ( or other cache plugin ) is if the Critical CSS option is enabled. Automatic Critical CSS is just terrible – if you have that enabled then try disabling that first.

LCP is the measurement of time taken to load the largest ( measured in pixelx ) piece of content on the page. You can check which element is being timed for LCP in the Page Speed Insights report. If that happens to be an image, which is lazy loaded then it will load later creating a longer LCP time.

However FCP is what you should check – if there is NOT a lot of difference between FCP and LCP then you should resolve the FCP issues, which will be related to a. the server request time and b. any render blocking scripts that the site is running. Improvements to FCP will roll down to LCP.

Anthony

Thanks David.

On WP Rocket I see 3 options on file optimization (all of which I currently have selected:
    1 – minify css files
    2 – combine css files
    3 – Optimize CSS delivery

Can you advise which one(s) to deselect?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

3 – Optimize CSS delivery – is the one that creates the Critical CSS – try disabling that.

Anthony

Many thanks. Will give it a try.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Fabian

Hi there,

had the same issue and managed it by excluding the logo from the lazy load option at WP Rocket.
    (WP Rocket –> Media –> Exclude Images or iFrames)

Best,
    Fabs

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks Fabian for letting us know – glad to hear they have added a field for excluding images in their settings!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.