[Support request] CLS Issues

Home Forums Support [Support request] CLS Issues

Home Forums Support CLS Issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Hi there

I’ve looked through the support topics on CLS issues but don’t seem to be able to find a solution. I’ve tried different header formats with different setups but to no avail.

Seems to happen on all pages with the biggest issue being the site container adding about 0.07-0.09 CLS. I’m guessing it’s something to do with the header or the nav but can’t figure it out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

what Lazyloading plugin are you using ? As that seems to be not working very well… ie. its preloading a square placeholder image so when the images actually load their aspect ratio and the space they occupy changes.

Jason

Hi David

I am using the SmushPro for Lazy Loading. I tried to deactivate the plugin but the issue remained. I will deactivate the lazy loading now and maybe see what you think?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not sure if theres other caches / CDN / optimizers in play but i still see them being lazyloaded.
    See here:

My browser has the cache disabled, and a throttled network so we can see the page load initially without images, with the incorrect placeholder sizes and then the images load and the layout shifts to compensate for the correct image sizes.

Jason

Thanks David, I’m going to pull out that plugin altogether and see if that works then. I don’t think there is anything else.

Thanks for taking the time to look and the demo.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let us know how you get on!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.