[Support request] CLS issue: more than 0.25 (mobile)

Home Forums Support [Support request] CLS issue: more than 0.25 (mobile)

Home Forums Support CLS issue: more than 0.25 (mobile)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    maani

I’m getting this error on my google console and it’s funny i checked it on https://gtmetrix.com/ and CLS is zero my search ranking has dropped to almost zero and it all happened after i changed the theme to generatepress can you help me on this one plz?
    Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not seeing any CLS issues on your site.
    But if you run a Mobile Friendly Test here:

https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly

then check: Page loading issues > VIEW DETAILS you will see there are a bunch of redirection errors related to your CDN. I would suggest you fix those issues on your CDN

maani

I fixed those issues now the error is gone now i’m getting these warnings:
    CLS issue: more than 0.1 (mobile)
    LCP issue: longer than 2.5s (mobile)

Any idea on how to get rid these two as well the CLS is now 0.1 πŸ™

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am not seeing any CLS issues on the site or within a Page Speed Insight report.
    One thing we recommend is to exclude logos from Lazy Loading – looks like you’re using Autoptimize for lazy load, it has an option to exclude images based on classes; you can use is-logo-image to stop the logo lazyloading.

The LCP time – my tests show 2.4s.
    I suggest you run a test on GT Metrix, check the water fall report, if you see lots of long purple bars then this is the Server waiting to respond – which is something you should speak to your host about.

maani

Thanks for your help David, appreciate it. There is just one issue here my website ranking and the impression has dropped to almost zero on google console and funny I keep adding more content, any idea what would be the reason for this issue? My website speed looks ok I’m just confused.. πŸ™

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can’t explain why the ranking has dropped, the Theme has no control over how Google indexes your site or how users would find it ….. sorry

maani

Hey David, I have fixed all those issues, mobile-friendly test also looks good the CLS error is gone. But it says LCP issue: longer than 4s (mobile) πŸ™ I test it on google speed insight and the mobile score is 93 which is good and LCP is 1.7 but this error is still there for almost 29 URLs. Any idea?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If LCP time on Page Speed Insights is 1.7 then that is good.
    Where are you seeing the 4s ? Is it in the google console ? If so this metric will take some time to update to reflect those improvements.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.