[Resolved] CLS and header menu issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CLS and header menu issue

Home Forums Support CLS and header menu issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick

I have a tech person looking into Core Web Vitals (CLS issue: more than 0.25 on mobile & desktop for every page on my site). After thoroughly investigating, she said it seems to be an issue with the menu in the header. It’s loading as a black box before repositioning and changing to the hamburger menu icon, especially on mobile. Any ideas for how to fix this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you have the Critical CSS option enabled in WP Rocket, unless you now how to write your own critical CSS i would disable this feature. Try disabling it and re-testing your site.

Nick

Hi David,
    Thank you. I believe this has done the trick, but search console says it will take up to 28 days to validate the change. My tech person said she is only concerned now that my site speed could be affected slightly by not having critical CSS generated. She said it’s possible but quite time consusimg to manually generate it for each page on my site or use a paid service ($10 per month), but feels it probably isn’t worth the money. Do you have any comment about this? Thanks a lot!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that.
    If Critical CSS makes a huge difference to ‘perceived’ site loading times and that ranks you higher, and money is no question, then $10 / month is probably a good investment.

If however there are other ‘real’ improvements that can be made such as better server setup ( for faster response times ), reduced network requests (eg. less plugins and 3rd party request ) or smaller file sizes ( eg. better image optimization ) then i would put my time into that.

Nick

OK thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.