Black Friday Sale! Get up to $40 off GP Premium!Learn more

[Resolved] Cloning site – GP export/import not working correctly ?

Home Forums Support Cloning site – GP export/import not working correctly ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aga

Hi

I’ve wanted to clone my site, to test different customizations. I’ve exported all 8 settings from GP Press, I’ve copied custom CSS, and exported all content through native tool WordPress Import/Export (.xml). After installing WP, I’ve imported everything one by one (by the way: it would be lovely to export/import GP settings all in one click).

Next I went to the new version url and discovered that the menu settings aren’t there and everything looks different. Widgets were gone too. I’ve copied custom CSS. After manually setting menus to their “places” in personalization, I discovered that two links (one for each menu) were duplicated and weren’t working properly.

I’ve reseted all the settings of GP and imported it again to show you what’s the problem.
    The original site: in website URL, cloned: in /wp3 directory

Have I forgotten something or done something wrong? Also, in GP Premium there are 13… options? (I mean Hooks, Colors, etc. that you can enable) but I have only 8 for export. Is that alright?

Please, help. I want to develop 3 different versions with different menu settings and header settings and than test them and pick the best. After that I will be uploading final version to the main catalog, so learning how to correctly export/import the site with all it’s theme settings is really crucial for me…

GP Premium 1.5.6
    Aga

I’ve used All-in-one WP Migration Plugin and it seems to work great. Still would like to know what I did wrong with the GP export/import 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Export/importing all in one click has been added to GPP 1.6, which is set to be released this month.

The content import in WordPress doesn’t include menus or widgets – it only focuses on content.

Using a plugin like Duplicator or All in One Migration is the way to go for full site migrations. They also handle all of the URL changes, which is a huge bonus.

Aga

Thank you very much!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.