[Support request] Clicking anchors that point above current location activate sticky navigation

Home Forums Support [Support request] Clicking anchors that point above current location activate sticky navigation

Home Forums Support Clicking anchors that point above current location activate sticky navigation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Truong

When I click on an anchor that’s above the current location, the sticky navigation activates, obscuring info I’d like to see.

Have kludged a jquery filter as a workaround which uses scrolltop to go above anchor +45px, then scrolltop down to the location. In this way the sticky navigation isn’t activated.

These two scrolltop’s cause some artifacting.

Is there a way I can disable the sticky navigation event handler, move to my anchor position, then activate the sticky navigation event handler such that effectively, sticky navigation is disabled for anchor clicks?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Truong

I am aware of the offset solution, which for full page content isn’t a good one.

What I would like is a method to pause the sticky menu, move to my anchor position above the current location, then resume the sticky menu behaviour to appear on subsequent up scrolls.

Can it be done? This would likely be desirable by other users as well.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We’ve added a smooth scroll functionality into GPP 1.6, which takes the sticky navigation into account.

It would be difficult to delay the sticky navigation from initializing until the anchor point is reached currently.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.