[Resolved] Classic Editor versus Gutenberg

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Classic Editor versus Gutenberg

Home Forums Support Classic Editor versus Gutenberg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sonja

Hello,

I use on all of my websites the classic editor together with the shortcode ultimate plugin. With this combination i can write my posts and pages very fast and i am comfortbale with this.

In the past days, i have looked into gutenberg and try to write some posts with it.

But in my opinion, gutenberg is very slow in general and i am at least 10 times slower with it.

What is your opinion with GPP in mind?

Is it worth to learn gutenberg, although it is so slow, and try to use it in future for all posts? Or do you think that it also fine to use the classic editor furthermore?

Or do i ran with classic editor in problems in the future? In special with GPP?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The Gutenberg editor definitely takes a bit of time to get used to but it is the future and we do like it – especially with the help of GenerateBlocks.

I’m not sure what you meant by it’s so slow?

In my opinion, it’s definitely worth the time to learn Gutenberg.

That being said, you shouldn’t run into any issues if you keep using the classic editor as well.

We’ve started some tutorial videos in the GenerateBlocks YouTube channel which provides some good tips on using the Gutenberg editor as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qhGBk96asTcTWW42-yT2Q

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Sonja

Hi Leo,

thanks, I will look into the videos.

With slow, I mean that when writing in gutenberg in browser, all gets very slow. Typing, scrolling – all very slow. I dont have this in classic editor, unless i write more then 4000 word or so.

Also the work processes are slow. I can not copy and paste – sometimes it works, sometimes not. So i must shift blocks to another place with the arrows. That is very, very slow as well.

And there are functions, that does not work at all for me. For example, when i insert a quote, I can choose the color for that in the right sidebar. But in frontend the color not display.

And some more bugs as well.

Mhhh, i would like to look in GenerateBlocks, but then i have to use gutenberg.

Maybe i give it a try, but for me, it is very time cusuming to work with it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.