[Resolved] Classic Editor Ignores Selected Arial font; inserts Georgia font instead

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Classic Editor Ignores Selected Arial font; inserts Georgia font instead

Home Forums Support Classic Editor Ignores Selected Arial font; inserts Georgia font instead

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Something appears to be overriding GP’s CSS script. I don’t use Gutenberg or Google Fonts, but something is going around my settings to insert other fonts.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you tried disabling all plugins to eliminate the issues?

GP doesn’t have much control over the classic editor so can you check if the same issue occurs when you activate a Twenty series WP theme?

Michael

Yes. I’ve tried everything I can think of. Is there any editor I can use that is independent of Google and Gutenberg?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am only seeing Arial on the front end of your site ? Is there a specific post or page where Georgia is displaying ?

Michael

Yes, true. Because I’ve already fixed the fonts on everything that is posted.

I can’t sent you an attachment, but if I could, you’d see that if I bring any of those posts up in the editor and insert a new line / paragraph, the font for the new entry reverts to Georgia; not Arial as it is supposed to.

Mike

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The theme doesn’t add any typography styling to the Classic editor – it uses 100% default Classic editor styling for your text.

If you need to add your own styling to it, you’d need to do something like this: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-add-custom-styles-to-wordpress-visual-editor/

Let us know if you need more info 🙂

Michael

Thanks Tom. As of late last night the Editor had stopped changing the font. I hope that means the settings in GeneratePress have taken control.

In any event, I’m certain your software is not the problem.

Many thanks.

Mike

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad to hear – thanks! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.