[Resolved] class name or css required

Home Forums Support [Resolved] class name or css required

Home Forums Support class name or css required

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anil

Hi

I would like to have a better control over a div that I placed after header.

For this I am using “grid-container” and a “custom class”.

I want some standard class of the theme that should follow global “Separating Space” and “Padding” as per theme customised so that I can avoid changing css of custom class everytime if I change something of these 2 parameters.

Following is custom class css

@media(max-width: 768px) {
        .custom_class{margin:4px auto 0 auto; padding:20px; background:#fff; text-align:center}
    }

@media(min-width: 769px) {
        .custom_class{margin:20px auto 0 auto;padding:20px 0; background:#fff; text-align:center}
    }

Please advise …

Best regards.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The theme CSS targets specific elements for the separating space which also has other properties, so I don’t think it would be possible to share those classes in this case, unfortunately.

Anil

Ooo Tom.

Would .page-header class be a better choice in this case ???

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the closest i think you could get is to use the widget-area markup like this:

<div class="widget-area custom-area-class">
        <div class="widget custom-widget-class">
            Advert script here
        </div>
    </div>

This would attract the Widget Padding from the customizer

Then add it to the inside_container hook. Which would keep it constrained to the grid area.

You would still have to add margin-top to the area-class and a background color to the widget-class

Anil

Thanks David, I am feeling this would be a better option to have global separating space and padding.

Well, you may plan in future release to have some css for a custom div area which should obey separating space and padding as set in customizer.

Thanks for all help.

Best regards.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.