Cirillic fonts does not work

Home Forums Support Cirillic fonts does not work

Home Forums Support Cirillic fonts does not work

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anatoliy

Hello.
    There is a problem with changing fonts. For example, the font Open Sans supports both Latin and Cyrillic (google), but does not work in Cyrillic and so with all other other fonts. Tell me how to fix and why not work?

Anatoliy

And even.
    How to add to the theme of my fonts, not google?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

At this time, there’s no filter to change and allow the subset to be changed.

I just went into my code and made this possible using a filter. If you’d like to use a Google Fonts and need this subset, email me at support@generatepress.com and I’ll send you the updated files ๐Ÿ™‚

Once you have the updated files (or for others reading this once 1.2.4 is released), you can change the subset with this function:

add_filter('generate_fonts_subset','generate_change_fonts_subset');
    function generate_change_fonts_subset()
    {
    	return 'cyrillic-ext';
    }

Note: This won’t work until GP 1.2.4 is released.

To add your own fonts, you can use @font-face in your CSS.

More info here: http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/using-font-face/

Anatoliy

I need to wait for a new version of the theme (1.2.4) and everything will work fine?
    add_filter (where (in what file) need to make changes?)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s correct – unless you want to email me and I can patch your current files so they’ll work right now.

Are you using GP Premium or the Typography add-on?

That filter would need to go in your child theme’s functions.php file or you can add it using a plugin like this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

Anatoliy

Hi, Tom.
    1. Can’t understand what happened, but why it is in the child theme ceased to connect the font instead of the font that I choose, (connects the system font), how to fix it? (yesterday everything worked fine).
    p.s.
    In the original theme everything works

2. Another strange thing, the plug-in, which was connected Cyrillic fonts for the theme “Code Snippets”, now the theme GP works without him and fonts connects not using this plugin, where is the catch?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are you still running into these issues?

In the latest version of GP (1.2.4) – the function above will work to change the Google Fonts subset.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.