[Support request] Child theme update

Home Forums Support [Support request] Child theme update

Home Forums Support Child theme update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Luizik

Hello!
    I use Generate chld theme + Woocommerce
    After updating I have a notice from woocommerce in my admin panel

—-
    Your theme (GeneratePress Child) contains outdated copies of several WooCommerce templates. You may need to update these templates to ensure compatibility with the current version of WooCommerce. We offer to do the following:

Update your theme to the latest version. If there is no update, contact the author of the topic and ask about compatibility with the current version of WooCommerce.
    If you copied the template file in order to change something, you will need to copy the new version of the template and apply the changes again.
    —-

Whats should I do, are there any updates for generatepress child?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

who set-up your child theme? We only provide a blank child theme which wouldn’t include any Woocommerce templates.

Christine

I have just found the same problem.
    Seems my generatepress_child/woocommerce/cart/cart.php version 3.7.0 is out of date.
    The core version is 3.8.0

I have generatepress Premium active licence. Shouldn’t it automatically update?

If not, do you have files to update these template files?

Many thanks, I so hope you can help me

Christine

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that is a Woocommerce plugin template in your child theme which is unrelated to GeneratePress.
    You can download their latest version from the Woocommmerce github here:

https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/blob/ac15fa6e5fa677174fd14d0269b0985be3b0d197/templates/cart/cart.php

In general – child theme templates DO NOT update when their theme or plugin parents do. Child Themes are used to make changes to the parent files, so you would not want them overwritten. If you used a developer to set up the Child Theme you may want to check with them as to what changes were made to that template.

Christine

David, thank you so much for your reply and great information on this. Really appreciated.
    Christine

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.