[Resolved] Child theme installation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Child theme installation

Home Forums Support Child theme installation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Gennaro

I want to install and test the child theme Wordsmith (or any other) but I can not complete the process, I can not find any files to download.
    How do I do that?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this article explains:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-site-library/

They don’t use a Child Theme, so no downloads required, just follow the steps in the article above.
    Please note we recommend installing them on a clean WP install NOT on a prebuilt website.

Gennaro

Thank you.
    I was able to install the child theme.
    A bug (?) did not make me see the import button. With the site translated into Italian I had problems, left in the mother tongue worked properly. I’m trying in local host.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Was the import button not visible at all? Any chance you can show us a screenshot?

Thanks!

Gennaro

Hi, Tom.
    I sent you on “wordpress@generatepress.com”, attached, the screenshot I have when I try to import a child theme. As said, it only occurs if the Italian translation is active.
    I have an operating system with windows 10 pro and video card Asus Radeon R5 230.
    Do I have a way to post an attachment on the forum?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I can’t reproduce that at all.

Does it still happen if you deactivate all of your other plugins?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Gennaro

The installation is completely clean.
    I installed WordPress, then Generatepress, then GP Premium (without activating any plugins) and, finally, I tried to install the child theme.
    The problem only occurs to me when google translates into Italian is active.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, so you’re using Google to translate the page? Maybe it’s messing up the HTML somehow.

One thing you can try is using GPP 1.8.0: https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-8/

We re-designed the import process, but I’m not sure if it will prevent Google from messing things up.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Gennaro

Hi, Tom.
    I tried to install a child theme with the version gp-premium 1.8.1 and the site translated into Italian with google.
    Everything worked regularly and the theme was correctly installed.
    I noticed that the proposed child themes are with the classic editor, when someone made entirely with Gutenberg?
    A greeting.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We’re slowly moving all of the non-Page Builder sites to Gutenberg πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.