[Resolved] Child theme header/page hero has changed

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Child theme header/page hero has changed

Home Forums Support Child theme header/page hero has changed

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    locate-australian

Hi,

Our Generate Press Premium child theme header/page hero is not appearing the same as the parent theme the I created the file from yesterday (the child theme was displaying the same homepage as the parent theme yesterday).

Can you please tell what to do so the child theme has the same heading/page hero as the parent theme?

I followed Generate Press documentation to create & install the child theme. I also checked the child theme style.css & function.php files for @import & wp-enqueue… codes, which neither file had.

I have also checked our parent theme & also the child theme: Appearance > Elements: Page Hero & Site Header tabs & they appear the same(?).

Kind regards,

L.A.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

I’m not sure I fully get what you mean.

Child themes do not normally interfere with how the Elements work unless you have template files that may have overridden how the Elements will display (removed hooks on template files).

If your child theme’s use if solely for style.css and few snippets within functions.php, then it shouldn’t be an issue.

Can you link us to the page with issues?(and a page that’s working properly for comparison)

You can use the private information text field.

locate-australian

Hi Elvin,

Thank you for your reply.

I did some further research & the site identity/logo needed to be added, so I did that along with a few other tweaks: I reduced padding around the logo & uploaded a larger logo image to reduce the whitespace further.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Kind regards, L.A.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I did some further research & the site identity/logo needed to be added, so I did that along with a few other tweaks: I reduced padding around the logo & uploaded a larger logo image to reduce the whitespace further.

Nice one. Have you sorted this out? Let us know if you need further help on this.

locate-australian

Hi Elvin,

I think the matter is sorted, but if you could please take a look at our website header, the site identity-logo section in the Child Theme to see if any improvements can be made that would be great!

I’ll add our website URL to the private info section & if you need any other access, logins, etc., please let me know.

Kind regards,

L.A.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think the matter is sorted, but if you could please take a look at our website header, the site identity-logo section in the Child Theme to see if any improvements can be made that would be great!

I’m not sure what to else suggest as it really depends on what you want to achieve.

Perhaps check and improve the slider/carousel on the page hero? The alignment looks weird on bigger screens as shown here: https://share.getcloudapp.com/Jru16nO6

locate-australian

Hi Elvin,

Thank you for your reply & feedback, I agree the slider alignment looks weird on a bigger screen.

Could you recommend a more compatible slider/carousel to be used with Generate Press Premium?

Kind regards, L.A.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can add this CSS to male the slider fill the screen not matter what the size:

#wds_container1_0 #wds_container2_0 .wds_slideshow_image_wrap_0 {
      max-width: unset !important;
    }
    locate-australian

Hi David,

Thank you for replying with the code :).

I tried to add the code to the Code Snippets plugin & it return a ‘Parse Error” that there was a problem with the syntax of the code.

I added the code to our Child Theme > Customise > Additional CSS & I think the code was accepted.

Do you know how I can check the results of adding the code? I do not have a wide-screen computer to view the results so are you able to confirm the results at your end please?

Kind regards,
    L.A. 🙂

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I tried to add the code to the Code Snippets plugin & it return a ‘Parse Error” that there was a problem with the syntax of the code.

I added the code to our Child Theme > Customise > Additional CSS & I think the code was accepted.

Yes David’s code is CSS so it must be added to the appropriate CSS field.

Do you know how I can check the results of adding the code? I do not have a wide-screen computer to view the results so are you able to confirm the results at your end please?

We check the site using Google Chrome’s devtool as shown here: https://share.getcloudapp.com/E0u99pBD

It’s added to the browser by default when you install it. You should be able to do the same thing I did on the video.

locate-australian

Hi Elvin,

Thank you for your reply & wow! Thank you for your video!

Kind regards,

L.A.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. 🙂

locate-australian

🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.