[Resolved] Child Theme Forefront | CSS after Update

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Child Theme Forefront | CSS after Update

Home Forums Support Child Theme Forefront | CSS after Update

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dominik Günder

Hey there,

i just performed some update for the ForeFront child theme. After this all my custom CSS information was lost including font sizes for the forums. (I thought these would be only effected through the typography plugin)

How can i handle custom CSS without loosing my stuff after each update? Is there any way?

Best,
    Dominik

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dominik,

This is something I didn’t anticipate when releasing child themes – but after chatting with some other developers, there’s no way around losing child theme modifications if you update the theme.

I’ve added notices in the style.css and functions.php files saying this – so hopefully this doesn’t happen again.

I’m really sorry that you lost your CSS!

From now on, I suggest using a plugin like this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-css/

And any functions you need to add should be added in plugin form.

Of course, if anyone is using their own child theme, it’s safe to use it to add modifications – but the child themes on WordPress.org will be updated periodically, so it’s not safe to edit them.

Sorry again!

Dominik Günder

Thats a very good idea. I just installed it and today’s update of forefront did not shoot down any modifications i made.

thanks man

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.