[Resolved] Child theme breaking header functionality

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Child theme breaking header functionality

Home Forums Support Child theme breaking header functionality

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Craig

Hi,

I’m having a problem with Generate Press not displaying my logo when I add a blank child theme (just a style.css file).

The logo has been added through the Page Header add-on as my home page has a full screen image and merged transparent header. The menu still shows up fine.

Any ideas how to sort this?

Roberto Enrique

You need to add the logo again in the customizer.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

A couple months back WP.org forced all themes to the the custom_logo theme_mod in their themes. theme_mod settings are only applicable to the theme they were set with, which means they disappear when themes are changed, even if it’s a child theme.

Terrible user experience in my opinion, at least for options like the logo, copyright etc..

I’ve been talking to a couple developers and have come up with a function I need to test a little which should use the parent theme theme_mod option if the child theme option isn’t set.

So yes, long story short, Roberto nailed it. The logo needs to be re-uploaded in the Customizer when the theme changes.

Craig

Thanks for the quick feedback guys, totally makes sense.

Unfortunately, I tried replacing the logo as suggested but it’s still not showing. Is there something else that I need to reset to get this working? If not I guess I’ll have to start the site again from scratch making sure the child theme is in place first before I make any edits…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is the logo showing up in the Customizer when you refresh it?

Craig

Yes it is

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

But it’s not displaying anywhere on the live site at all?

Does your child theme have any changes made to the header.php file or any custom functions added?

Craig

Got it working! I had to go into customize, update the main site logo, then update the logo in the page header section.

Thanks for the help guys ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad you got it working ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.