[Resolved] Child Theme and Cache Dynamic CSS

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Child Theme and Cache Dynamic CSS

Home Forums Support Child Theme and Cache Dynamic CSS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dean

Hi Tom.

I have made some GP child themes. When I Activate or Live Preview a different child theme, while the Cache Dynamic CSS option is enabled it continues to use the old Customiser options.

You can test this by following these steps:

1) Installing two of your child themes from wordpress.org (e.g. Mantle and Freelancer)
    2) Activate one of them.
    3) Now Activate the other and you can see cache has not been flushed.
    4) Also try Live Previewing a child theme (e.g. Mantle) while the other child theme is still activated (e.g. Freelancer).

Shouldn’t this cache be flushed on Activation of another theme or when Live Previewing another theme?

If you disagree that this should be standard GP functionality, then is there a way we can safely flush this cache from the functions.php of our child themes? So on activation of our child theme flush the Cache Dynamic CSS?

Many thanks,
    Dean

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dean,

Nice find! The best way to flush the cache is to save the Customizer – just change an option and change it back, then save.

Not ideal, but will work for now. I’ll work on a better solution πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Dean

Hi Tom.

Thanks for your response. Yes we are aware of the change an option in the customiser and then publish fix, but clients are not savvy to this.

Do you have an idea how long this fix will take to implement? If fairly quickly we will just wait on it, otherwise is there something we could do temporarily?

Many thanks,
    Dean

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If it’s a big problem for your clients, you can just turn off the caching in “Customize > General”.

We don’t have a specific timeframe yet, but it’s high on our list πŸ™‚

Dean

OK thanks Tom.

I guess we will wait for the fix seeings as its high on the list.

Thank you πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.