[Resolved] Child style.css loading order

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Child style.css loading order

Home Forums Support Child style.css loading order

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ben

I’m having trouble with loading order of child style sheet.

It appears that themes/child/style.css is being loaded BEFORE
    /plugins/gp-premium/blog/functions/css/style-min.css
    plugins/gp-premium/menu-plus/functions/css/offside.min.css
    generate-offside-inline-css

where these have values that I need to tweak in child style sheet.

Order of loading in source is below

<link rel=’stylesheet’ id=’wp-block-library-css’ href=’…/wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/style.min.css’ type=’text/css’ media=’all’ />

<link rel=’stylesheet’ id=’generateblocks-css’ href=’…/wp-content/uploads/generateblocks/style-2.css’ type=’text/css’ media=’all’ />

<link rel=’stylesheet’ id=’generate-style-css’ href=’…/wp-content/themes/generatepress/css/all.min.css’ type=’text/css’ media=’all’ />

<style id=’generate-style-inline-css’ type=’text/css’>.single .entry-header{display:…

<link rel=’stylesheet’ id=’generate-child-css’ href=’…/wp-content/themes/child/style.css’ type=’text/css’ media=’all’ />

<link rel=’stylesheet’ id=’generate-blog-css’ href=’…/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/blog/functions/css/style-min.css’ type=’text/css’ media=’all’ />

<link rel=’stylesheet’ id=’generate-offside-css’ href=’…/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/menu-plus/functions/css/offside.min.css’ type=’text/css’ media=’all’ />

<style id=’generate-offside-inline-css’ type=’text/css’>.slideout-navigation.main-navigation{background ….

<style type=”text/css” id=”simple-css-output”>body{padding:…

Now I can get around this potentially by caching all of the style sheets EXCEPT for the child style, but this still leaves the “generate-offside-inline-css” loading after my child style.css.

Is there a way to ensure that the child style has the highest priority (eg loads last)?

Many thanks for any help you can give
    Ben

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Give this a shot:

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', function() {
        wp_dequeue_style( 'generate-child' );
        wp_enqueue_style( 'generate-child' );
    }, 999 );

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Ben

That’s perfect, many thanks Tom. I’ll be adding that as default from now on.
    BW

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.