[Resolved] Checkbox problem in post editor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Checkbox problem in post editor

Home Forums Support Checkbox problem in post editor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Charlotte

When inside the post editor, we cannot see the ticks inside the category checkboxes. They show very quickly when the page is loaded, but then afterwards are visible but incredibly feint. This seems to be the case on all browsers except for IE

It has only started recently

I have deactivated plugins to try and eliminate what the issue is. If I deactivate classic editor the checkboxes are displayed differently in Gutenburg so the problem disappears .. but that doesn’t solve it as we want to use the classic editor.

Checkboxes outside of the post editor (e.g in settings) are fine .. and you can even see them fine when you “quick edit” a post. It is only inside the usual full page post editor. Note that also other checkboxes inside the post editor have the same issue .. e.g the “allow comments” checkbox. But radio boxes are fine

I have created a post called “charlotte test post” that you can use for testing. Please don’t tick the category “upcoming events” or it will show on the website.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The Theme has no control over how the editor works, but i am happy to take a quick look. Can you share a URL to the site ? I got the login details.

Charlotte

sorry I am an idiot!

https://handmadeworkshops.co.uk/wp/wp-admin/

It would be great if you had a look – I tried to look at the CSS of the checkboxes but couldn’t seem to do anything with it

From looking at other people’s comments on the internet with related problems I am thinking it is possibly that the classic editor isn’t working properly.. but it seems fine on all of my other sites

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok so the WP Meta SEO plugin is adding this CSS:

input[type="checkbox"]:checked::before {
        filter: grayscale(1) brightness(2);
    }

Which is messing with all checkboxes in the editor. It doesn’t affect IE as it doesn’t support that CSS property.

Which lead me to this support topic:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/checkmarks-of-the-categories-are-no-longer-visible/

Charlotte

brilliant thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.