[Resolved] "Cheating, are we?" or neverending load entering Customizer

Home Forums Support [Resolved] "Cheating, are we?" or neverending load entering Customizer

Home Forums Support "Cheating, are we?" or neverending load entering Customizer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jaakko Pöntinen

Heya,

I get “Cheating, are we?” error message when trying to enter the theme customizer. I recently bought a domain and pointed it to my wp installation and changed the wp URL from general prefs to point to the domain. Everything works, I have admin privileges but the customizer won’t load or pops up the aforementioned error. What be up with this? 😛

EDIT: Now it seems that I can change the values in the theme customizer, add CSS by Simple CSS and save the theme and see the results in the web page, BUT! I don’t get a live preview in the customizer, it just spins the load icon endlessly.

– Jaakko Pöntinen

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Jaakko Pöntinen.
    Jaakko Pöntinen

Hello,

I’ve solved everything, did all kindsa little things, updated permalinks, rechecked the site URL’s, went to user “admin”‘s profile and saved etc etc.

Now all is well.

– Jaakko

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That “Cheatin’ uh?” message is a WordPress one which typically happens when the two URLs in “Settings > Reading” don’t match.

Glad you figured it out 🙂

Jaakko Pöntinen

Hey,

Yeah, poked here’n’there and got it fixed. That’s close to figuring it out, right? 😛

I just gotta ask: three of you or still two…? 😀 (smiling like stupid here)

– Jaakko P

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Three of us now! Leah came a little early so we’ve been in and out of hospital all week (I’m running on about 4 hours of sleep since Tuesday I think..).

She’s getting better and hoping to come home tomorrow.

Jaakko Pöntinen

Hey,

Congrats, man, to you and to your wife and your daughter! Our little girl Vilma is now two-and-a-half months old, not that big of a difference to your Leah… Maybe they’ll wind up in the same school or something? You never know… 🙂

Again, congrats!

– Jaakko

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you! Congratulations to you as well – exciting times! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.