changing the size of the thumbnail posts/photos on home page

Home Forums Support changing the size of the thumbnail posts/photos on home page

Home Forums Support changing the size of the thumbnail posts/photos on home page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cath

Hi Tom, hope you are well.

Is there a way to make the posts when they appear two side by side more of a rectangular square ?

I would like the photos uniform in size with the photo above the title. But it is not just the photos, it is the size of the thumbnail posts in general.

As they are showing up, they are vertical rectangles.

I took a screen shot of how i would like them to be from another theme but I guess I cannot upload here? In other themes, they seem to be more uniform, but, here, they are sort of all over the place. (See: http://washingtonsquareparkblog.com)

Thank you.

Cath

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by cath.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Cath,

Have you tried setting the height of the post images in “Customize > Blog > Post Images”? That will make the images all the same size.

Do you have a link to the page with your articles so I can see?

cath

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to this and thanks for your response.

So, changing the post image size does not address what I am trying to fix.

I cannot upload an image here to show you what I mean — but in the past with themes I have used, the size of the box is uniform, so the image is a certain size and they are all the same size (the post boxes, not just the images). this just looks all out of whack: http://washingtonsquareparkblog.com

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cath

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s a couple things preventing that from happening.

1. The images. You need to give them all a width and height in “Customize > Blog > Post Images”. This will crop them all to the same size.

2. The titles. Some of your posts have very long titles, some have short titles. The long titles are going to make those boxes taller as they need to break onto multiple lines.

One option is to use the Masonry layout which makes better use of the spacing if each post is a different height.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

cath

Hi Tom, okay, I adjusted the height and width of the images (for some reason, when I was doing a test run some months back, that did not work for me…). I know what you mean about the titles, but I have had other themes where the posts still appeared as uniform boxes and looked right. I will look at some older screen shots and see what was different. The uniform (or at least a bit more uniform) images does make it better.

Thanks!

Cath

cath

Hi again Tom,

I think the boxes are a bit large. Is there any way to make them smaller and more square vs. rectangle (long) in size?

Thank you!

Cath

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The post boxes? The height depends on how much content is in them. If you want them to be less long, reduce the amount of content in them (set a shorter excerpt, smaller title, smaller image etc..).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.