[Resolved] Changing the output – Headline block

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Changing the output – Headline block

Home Forums Support Changing the output – Headline block

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gerva

Good morning everyone and happy new year

Some time ago I had a plugin created/edited to handle events, necessary for the creation of a work in progress site.
    Everything has always worked fine.
    After about a month, I’ve started again the site and I noticed this “hitch” that I think is due to the theme.
    As a matter of fact, some characters are changed and this prevents the correct output.
    Practically:
    – I insert a short-code that should publish a link category, but in fact this is converted into a text string.
    I tried to put it in different areas but I get the same result.
    generated short-code

if ( ($page_cats_hide != 'yes') ) {
    		$cats_raw = wp_strip_all_tags( get_the_term_list( get_the_ID(), 'event_cat', '<span>', ' '.$cat_separator.' ', '</span>' ) );
    		$cats = get_the_term_list( get_the_ID(), 'event_cat', '<span>', ' '.$cat_separator.' ', '</span>' );

di fatto viene pubblicato in questo modo
    <span><a href=&quot;https://siteweb/corsi-eventi-categorie/leadership/&quot; rel=&quot;tag&quot;>Leadership</a> | <a href=&quot;https://siteweb/corsi-eventi-categorie/mbraining/&quot; rel=&quot;tag&quot;>mBraining</a></span>

it seems that instead of the < character the code ascii &gt is put;

I don’t understand what is the reason
    Thanks for the support

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand – can’t see how this would be a theme issue though.

Can you try activating a Twenty series WP theme to test if the code works there?

Gerva

Sorry.
    OK solved in the plugin there was a function esc_attr( string $text ) that converted everything to plain text for me.
    Happy new year to all

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.