[Support request] Changing the blog layout

Home Forums Support [Support request] Changing the blog layout

Home Forums Support Changing the blog layout

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Maurice

Hi,

I need to change the blog pages layout: remove the sidebar, remove the category name on the top, change the way the featured image is displayed etc.

How can I edit this?

I copied the “content.php” file to my child theme folder and edited whatever needed in it and it worked.

Now I need to edit the “template-tags.php” file, copied it to my child theme /inc folder but whatever I change in that file doesn’t seem to override the original.

Thanks for the help
    Maurice

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Maurice

Hi Leo, thanks for your reply.

I can’t link you to a page because it is on a local environment, however the sidebar options are not working for me. I am referring to the main blog list, the loop. I changed to no sidebar but this doesn’t change anything, I keep seeing the sidebar.

I also want to move the image to a different location, floated left from the headline and excerpt, and have the “read more” in a new paragraph below the excerpt.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s weird. We haven’t received any reports on that option not working. Any chance you can duplicate on a live server?

Are the featured image alignment options not working as well?

Maurice

I created a menu item that draws a complete category from the blog posts. When I click the menu item I get a list of the posts in that category. That page is not defined as a page so I have no way to control its appearance.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm that page should follow the layout of the customizer.

So it should be the same settings as you set for:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sidebar-layout/#blog-sidebar-layout
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adjusting-the-featured-images/

I would need to see the page to have a clue on why it isn’t working unfortunately.

Do you have a live server you can reproduce the issue?

Maurice

I will upload it to our staging server and send you s link soon.

Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.