[Support request] Changing page excerpts in search results

Home Forums Support [Support request] Changing page excerpts in search results

Home Forums Support Changing page excerpts in search results

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve

When I search for certain pages on one of my sites, in the results it displays the same excerpt regardless of the page, and one that isn’t relevant. I can’t work out where or how to change this! The site is:

https://classicfootballshirtscollection.com/

And if you click on the magnifying glass and search on something like Watford or Bournemouth, the pages entitled Retro Watford Shirts and Retro Bournemouth Shirts have an excerpt set I’d like to change but don’t know how to. This goes for a few other pages too.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Steve

I feel I am being really stupid here, but even after reading the above I cannot find a way to amend the excerpt. I am only talking about pages here not posts.

There is no excerpt option in the right-hand panel when I go into a page, and when I go into Screen Options > Preferences > Panels, I can’t see an option for an excerpt.

Yet when I use the search option, it pulls up a load of search results for pages on my site with an excerpt that doesn’t even appear anywhere on any of the pages

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can’t tell where that’s coming from either unfortunately.

Have you tried disabling all plugins except GP Premium to test if a plugin is somehow adding it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.