[Resolved] Changing My Theme to GeneratePress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Changing My Theme to GeneratePress

Home Forums Support Changing My Theme to GeneratePress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Suzanna

Hello,
    I’ve run GeneratePress Premium on two websites for years and I’ve enjoyed it so much that I’m getting ready to change a theme on another website to GP Premium. I’ve had this website up for a longtime, and I’d like to keep as much of my content as possible. I have made a backup of my site, and checked with the hosting company, but I just thought I’d check and see if you have any tips for me before I hit the “activate” button.

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

aside of customizer settings, Themes ( generally ) store other data such as the Site Identity Logo and any Customizer > Additional CSS. If any of the CSS is related to your own custom HTML that you want to keep then you will want to copy that CSS out to a safe place.

Ideally it is best to create a Staging Site, most hosts provide that service, then you can switch themes, make any modifications and when you’re happy have the host push the staging to the live site.

Suzanna

Thank you so much! I knew that felt too easy. I appreciate the info and I’ll work on creating the staging site. Thanks for always having the best advice 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.