[Support request] Changing my home page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Changing my home page

Home Forums Support Changing my home page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John

Years ago before I discovered the awesomeness of GeneratePress, I installed WordPress in its own directory and used a simple, minimalist index.html file for my home page. That worked fine until I found GeneratePress and saw all the home page designs you cool people are coming up with.

I’d love to use GP to design a new home page. To do that, is my only option migrating the WordPress files to the main directory and then creating a static home page in WordPress? Or can I design a cool page in GP and use that as my index file somehow? Or is there some other option available?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not quite sure what you mean?

Looks like your current home page is the blog page. If you want to use a static page, you can create one then assign it in Settings > Readings.

Let me know if this helps.

John

Hi Leo. The home page I want to spruce up with GP is not part of my WordPress directory. I think the solution is migrating my files to do what you suggested, or doing a better job designing that page on my own. Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, in order to use WP/GP for your home page, you would need to migrate WordPress into the root folder and remove the index.html file.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.