[Resolved] Changing font-size, line-height in paragraphs text

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Changing font-size, line-height in paragraphs text

Home Forums Support Changing font-size, line-height in paragraphs text

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Pekka Murtokangas

How can change font-size and line-height in normal paragraphs (p) I have tried to add to childtheme css:

p{font-size:18px;line-height:1.2}, but no affect…

Pekka M

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can change the font size in “Customize > Typography”.

For the line height, what you have above should work:

p {
        line-height: 17px;
    }

Adjust as necessary.

Chris

The Line Height variable might be a good option to add under โ€œCustomize > Typographyโ€ in a future update to the GP Premium package. This way users can adjust there instead of the CSS file. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I agree ๐Ÿ™‚

Bogdan

I also agree ๐Ÿ™‚ line-height is the second most used setting in typography and graphic design, generally speaking. It should be more accesible = in the Typography interface, and most definitely not available only through custom CSS. Please help! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GP Premium 1.2.90 made it possible to add line-height in an upcoming version.

It’s coming soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Chris

That’s great news Tom. Much appreciated!

– Chris

Bogdan

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Bogdan

I found smth which may be IMHO the ideal example of Typography settings: https://typeanything.io/

With one more very useful feature: live update when hovering over a font name in a dropdown.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very cool, not sure something like that would work in the Customizer, but worth looking into ๐Ÿ™‚

Bogdan

I predict that if you make this, youl’ll suddendly have a boost in sales ๐Ÿ™‚ , since this is the correct approach from a designer’s point of view – most other implementations in wp/front-end/page builders omit many settings which:
    – are quite esential for a very good styling (for example – letter-spacing)
    – are already available as specs – nothing fancy to re-invent, just implement

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Really appreciate the ideas ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.