[Resolved] Changes to default GP prior to activation

Home Forums Support Changes to default GP prior to activation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stevie

Hi guys
    Not going to use a child theme. But wanted to know, as I have GP premium too, if I can make some initial
    changes to the default theme in customiser prior to activation – correct navigation menu, widgets etc.
    I’m going to do it live as the changes are mostly css, which I’ve done on a dummy site.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

any Customizer settings you apply in the free theme will remain after enabling GP Premium

Stevie

Thanks David.
    Is it OK to make preliminary changes via customiser prior to activating the default theme initially?
    The rest of the changes will be via GP premium, which I’ve done in a demo site

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry not sure i understand….

Customizer settings are stored in the Theme config.
    So changes made in one theme will not transfer over if you change to a different theme.
    But changes in the Free Theme will remain after the GP Premium plugin is activated.

Let me know what i have missed.

Stevie

I have GP free installed but not activated. I can still play around with it in Customiser, which pops up in Preview mode. If I make changes, and then activate it, will the theme be activated with those changes

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK – so i assume you have another theme like TwentyNineteen or something enabled ? If so – then no those changes will not be there when you enable the GP Theme.

Stevie

cheers David. A dumb question but I had to ask it ha ha !

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not at all – Best to ask then waste a lot of time 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.