Black Friday Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

[Resolved] Changes in Sections go live before update

Home Forums Support Changes in Sections go live before update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cecilia

Hi!
    When working with sections on a page that previously have been published (without Sections), I notice the changes I make with Sections go live even though I haven’t updated the page.

I used the Preview changes button and did not push the Update button for the page. And yet, when I looked at the page in another browser I see my newly added changes. I would have expected the page not to change until I say “go ahead and update this page”.

Is there a way to avoid this?

/Cecilia

GeneratePress 2.0.1
    GP Premium 1.5.6
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That doesn’t sound right – could be a bug. I’ll take a look and will let you know.

Thanks!

Cecilia

<3

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This actually looks like a long-standing WordPress bug which has never been fully fixed: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20299

This year we’re hoping to transition from Sections to Gutenberg, which will result in a way better user experience.

I’ll keep an eye out for a fix to this in the meantime, but I’m not sure it’ll be possible if WordPress themselves haven’t been able to figure it out.

Cecilia

The WordPress-bug has been there for a while! Six years! I’ve never noticed it before.

Thanks for taking the time to examine this and for keeping an eye out for a fix.

/Cecilia

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.