[Resolved] Changes I make in customizer are not saved

Home Forums Support Changes I make in customizer are not saved

• This topic has 26 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Marcel

Hi, all changes I make in customizer are not saved. For example, when I select a logo in Site Identity and click Publish it all seems to work (it also says Published) but when I visit the site or refresh the customizer page the changes are not save (logo empty again). I deactivated all plugins but that didn’t help. All plugins and theme as well as WordPress are up to date. Thanks for your help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can disable all plugins and let us have a look?

We cannot do that for you.

Marcel

Hi Leo,

I didn’t know you already replied. I didn’t get a email confirmation of your reply.

As I wrote, I already disabled all plugins. That didn’t help. An I also send you login info. Did you not get that? I’m not sure what you mean by “we cannot do that for you”. What can you not do? Have a look at the website? But you said “have us let a look”… I’m very confused.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not sure what you mean by “we cannot do that for you”. What can you not do?

Sorry – I meant that I cannot disable all plugins except GP Premium for you.

Can you do that for me and I’ll login and take a look? Any specific setting I should check out?

Marcel

Done, they’re all disabled now except for GP Premium.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thank you 🙂

Is there a specific setting I can test? or all of them are not working?

Marcel

Try to put a logo and change one of the menus. I think nothing works.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm ok I was able to see the error but not sure what’s causing it.

Are you aware of any server cache activated?

Marcel

No, I don’t know about that. Sorry. I’m also not in charge of the hosting of this website.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange, it’s saving the retina logo but not the normal logo which is a core WP field.

Can you see if the logo option saves when you try the “TwentyTwenty” theme?

Marcel

Yes, that works. You can check it as well

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s bizarre, never seen this before. The strange thing is the Customizer control isn’t saving, but the code for that control is in WordPress, not GeneratePress. It’s one of the default controls in the Customizer.

The only explanation I have is that something is corrupt in the database. Do you have another install you can try on?

Marcel

I’ve never seen it before as well. And believe me when I say I’ve build about a hundred websites so far.. No, I don’t have another install. The website is still in development and I haven’t backed it up in between.

Marcel

Maybe good to know is that this happened after I installed WPML. Which I also had an issue with. At first I was unable to activate the plugin. I had to download it again and manually upload it via FTP. Eventually I managed to activate it. But now of course all plugins are disabled so I’m not really sure if this info is relevant. Just wanted to share it with you just in case.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, that could make sense. I know WPML does some logo stuff for different languages.

However, the plugin is deactivated, so this is pointed more toward some sort of database corruption.

Does this site have a lot of data that you can’t lose, or is it still in the beginning stages? I wonder if backing up the current site and then starting fresh might be a good idea.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.