[Support request] Change the Menu items from vertical to horizontal layout

Home Forums Support [Support request] Change the Menu items from vertical to horizontal layout

Home Forums Support Change the Menu items from vertical to horizontal layout

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Muhammad Jawad

Hi. I am using GP sider theme for my blog at http://www.startbyzero.com

I have 3 questions.
    Q1a:
    The current menu items are displayed vertically as:
    Home
    Projects
    About
    Contact

I want them to display in one line with a ‘/’ after each as below:
    Home / Projects / About / Contact

How can I achieve this?

Q1b:
    How can I make them appear in two lines with two menu items in each line like below
    Home / Projects
    About / Contact

Q1c.
    How can I remove the display of this primary navigation menu at all from the right header? (In case I choose to go with sec. navigation)

Q2.
    How can I make the widgets on the right header (such as join the community sign-up box etc.) on the mobile menu?
    Please note I tried using the off-canvas menu for this but that displays items in pretty-weird and improperly aligned manner.

Q3.
    I have added below code in CSS to make the post title on homepage underlined upon mouse hover. But if you notice closely, the post title first get underlines and then in a millisecond changes color to dark red. I want this to happen together, means the color change and underline should happen at same moment.

.entry-title a:hover {
    	text-decoration: underline;
    }
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Q1: It’s actually quite complicated to achieve that using the default menu system.

I would recommend creating that using a header widget instead.

Then you can arrange them however you want.

Can you open a separate topic for each of your question as suggested here?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/qVAlmbp9uW

Thanks!

Muhammad Jawad

Thanks.

I have opened separate support topics for Q2 & 3.
    However, can you please help with Q1.c?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

How can I remove the display of this primary navigation menu at all from the right header? (In case I choose to go with sec. navigation)

Not sure if I fully understand. Can you explain a bit more or provide an example of what you are after?

Muhammad Jawad

Sure. All I want is to remove the Navigation menu (currently displaying options: Home, Projects, About & Contact) from the left-header of my site. I do not want to delete this menu from back-end, rather just remove this from my left-header. How can I achieve this?

Also, another thing, if I create the menu using a HTML header widget, would it effect my SEO and Search Engine Display? Means, do search engines look for a ‘navigation menu’ in a site and display the direct links to its menus (such as about me page, contact page etc.) in the search results display? If I just create a menu using HTML widget, would this effect how my site is displayed on search engine results?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I do not want to delete this menu from back-end, rather just remove this from my left-header. How can I achieve this?

Can try the No Navigation in the customizer?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-location/

Please open a separate topic for the separate question.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.