Change number of pages/posts in previous/next function from 0 to 3+ for SEO.

Home Forums Support Change number of pages/posts in previous/next function from 0 to 3+ for SEO.

Home Forums Support Change number of pages/posts in previous/next function from 0 to 3+ for SEO.

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sergey Sushkov

I’ve been using your fantastic theme and full add-ons for nearly two years, and now I’ve grown to doing SEO and I want to ask you about the following. At the bottom of each post there is the function of previous/next page. I want this function to be optional, so that I can disable it in the customize menu or, which is even better, not only to disable this function but to increase the number of pages in pagination up to at least 3 if needed (for interlink cycle or something like that). These links should be still <a href and anchor title.
    Please let me know if you can make any of these changes in the nearest update.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can hide it with some CSS:

.paging-navigation {
        display: none;
    }

You can increase the amount of numbers by using a function like this:

add_filter( 'generate_pagination_mid_size','tu_increase_pagination_numbers' );
    function tu_increase_pagination_numbers()
    {
        return 3;
    }

Hope this helps 🙂

Hans

Hi Tom,

I want to change the number of pages shown in WP Show Posts.

What would be the right address of the filter?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s a posts per page option in the settings inside WPSP.

If you need more help feel free to use the WPSP forums: https://wpshowposts.com/support

Hans

Sorry, I wanted to change the pagination 1 2 3 … n-2 n-1 n next . I did not want to change the account. I use this customization already.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm I’m not too sure what you mean? Feel free to open a WPSP support ticket and I’ll try to help out 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.