[Support request] Change header on different sections

Home Forums Support [Support request] Change header on different sections

Home Forums Support Change header on different sections

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Niko

Hello everyone!

I’m new with WordPress so I need some help to create my website. Problem is about header which I wanted to change in different sections. So the header would be different kind of in the main page than elsewhere.

I am using GeneratePress Premium v1.9.1

Let me visualize what I mean:
    I have now this kind of header in my main page which I wanted to stay like this:
    Small header

But in different sections for example Posts I wanted a header like this:
    Large header

I would be very greatful for any help to make this happen!

Niko

I have made a new header element (Appearance – Elements) with this css code:

<h1>
    	{{post_title}}
    </h1>

<div class="hero-meta">
    	{{post_author}} | {{post_date}}
    </div>

and Display Rule: Location: Post – All posts

Nothing happens still.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

It doesn’t look like you have any Posts published … can you make sure one of them is published then let me know.

Niko

Hi David!

I have published one test post but it doesn’t appear where I wanted to. It should be found under “Artikkelit” menu.

Now I managed to publish another test post which can be found from the right place. How come the other post didn’t end up there?

However the test post now contains a larger header just like I wanted. But it is too low. I wanted it to be higher. Also the main page for all the posts should also contain a high banner. Can I customize each banner as a individual?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK – so you have Header Element for your Single Posts and that is working ๐Ÿ™‚
    To make it taller, edit the Header Element and increase the Top and Bottom Padding.

For your Blog / Artikkelit Page – create a New Header Element give it a title e.g

<h1>Artikkelit</h1>

NOTE: This {{post_title}} does will not work correctly on the Blog.

For the Display Rules choose: Blog

Niko

Thank you very much David! I think that solved my problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Can you in this same thread tell me is it possible that each post would appear as images and not as text? For example in my Artikkelit page my test post appear as text but is it possible to change to appear as image?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you add a Featured Image to your Posts and in Customizer > Layout > Blog –> Featured Images make sure Display Featured Images is checked

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adjusting-the-featured-images/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.