[Support request] Change Default Responsive Breakpoints

Home Forums Support [Support request] Change Default Responsive Breakpoints

Home Forums Support Change Default Responsive Breakpoints

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sean

Hi. I see that the default GeneratePress breakpoints are discussed at https://docs.generatepress.com/article/responsive-display/#responsive-breakpoints

Is there a way to change those default breakpoints?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

some elements breakpoints can be adjusted, eg. the Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation has a Mobile Menu Breakpoint.
    Other breakpoints are baked into the theme styles.

Note the Theme breakpoints doesn’t control content behaviour, its just the theme elements.

Anything specific you want to change and i can advise?

Sean

Thanks David. I was trying to figure out how to change when the footer columns and header/body/footer font sizes change. Does that have to be done via custom CSS or are there built-in options somewhere in GeneratePress?

Also, I am building the content exclusively with GenerateBlocks Pro, so it sounds like changing those breakpoints (for when the Desktop/Tablet/Mobile settings are triggered for the GenerateBlocks blocks) is not in GeneratePress, but rather in GenerateBlocks?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Things like typography breakpoints will require CSS at this time.

Regarding GB vs GP breakpoints, if you modify the settings in GB then yes, its the GB plugin thats responsible.
    However if GB is inheriting the themes styles for typography, eg. a Headline block that you did not modify its sizes in GB then it will be using GPs styles.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.