[Resolved] Change color of the cross icon in search (Navigation menu)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Change color of the cross icon in search (Navigation menu)

Home Forums Support Change color of the cross icon in search (Navigation menu)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Engelbrecht

Im trying to change the color of the cross/close icon in the search menu, but im really not sure i would copy in all the css that my inspector (chrome) shows me. How would i target only that cross since its white on a almost transparent white backgrond? I also want to remove the hovering effect of it, so it just stays the same color.

Is it also possible to add “Search here…” text (placeholder) into the search field?
    I pasted this filter into the function page, but i cannot get it to work

add_filter( ‘generate_search_label’, ‘bba_search_label’ );
    function bba_search_label()
    {
    return ‘Søg…’;
    }

Last thing, can i add an sort of inner buttom-border line, like in black so its more visible where to search?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

For the close icon, try this CSS:

li.search-item.close-search a:before, span.search-item.close-search a:before {
        color: #000;
    }

For placeholder, see the second example here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_navigation_search_output/#usage

For the border, try this CSS:

.navigation-search, .navigation-search input {
        border-bottom: 1px solid #000;
    }
    Engelbrecht

Thank you again leo!

The color thing and filter worked like a charm and the buttom-border worked as well though it was not like i wanted to. Maybe its not possible, but is it possible to create it just below the text, but not at the outer border?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Just to confirm, you want the border directly below the text inside your search area? Any examples we can look at?

Engelbrecht

Something like this https://alis.vamtam.com/about-us/ (only viewed on mobile for now)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That site is using the same method as Leo mentioned above.

I think applying the border to the actual input element is our only choice. We can make it so the input isn’t as tall as the navigation if you’d like?

Engelbrecht

That is also what i thought. I realised that i may need your help on more important things later on so lets wait with this one for now.

And one last thing, i want to thank you and your team for all the help so far, i really appriciate it. Its exceptionel and its more than i would have expected! I defently recommend GP both as a product but also the great support you give on the forum! Keep it up

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s great to hear! Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.