[Resolved] Change button color

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Change button color

Home Forums Support Change button color

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    emanharout

Hello support team,

I set button colors via the customizer, inspected a button in my “About” page and it seems to work fine.

My issue is that when I inspect the element and grab the CSS selector and use it to change the colors manually, it won’t work. I need to be able to select it for some work I’m doing on a dark theme.

Here is the css:

/* Default button state */
    button, html input[type="button"], input[type="reset"], input[type="submit"], a.button, a.wp-block-button__link:not(.has-background) {
      color: cyan;
      background-color: red; /* random colors */
    }

/* Hover state */
    button:hover, html input[type="button"]:hover, input[type="reset"]:hover, input[type="submit"]:hover, a.button:hover, button:focus, html input[type="button"]:focus, input[type="reset"]:focus, input[type="submit"]:focus, a.button:focus, a.wp-block-button__link:not(.has-background):active, a.wp-block-button__link:not(.has-background):focus, a.wp-block-button__link:not(.has-background):hover {
      color: cyan;
      background-color: red; /* random colors */
    }

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That selector should work but you didn’t give any styles?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/qLZQxaibzKT

emanharout

Right, so I got the selector from the browser dev tools, and if I change the color in the browser it works. But if I copy the selector and use it in “Additional CSS” or styles.css, it has no effect. It’s puzzling.

emanharout

Strange, it started to work. Wish I could share the fix for others in the future but I have no idea what did it. I’d previously cleared the cache and tried multiple browsers.

At any rate, I’ll be closing this ticket. Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.