[Resolved] Centralising categories on shop page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Centralising categories on shop page

Home Forums Support Centralising categories on shop page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anna

Hi guys, I would like to know if there is a way to centralise the categories (text and image) to be centralised on the shop page? I have checked both the Woocommerce settings and the GeneratePress settings (which are all set for centre) but the 3 categories are aligned left and it looks bad on the page. Any ideas very welcome!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Try this CSS:

.woocommerce .woocommerce-breadcrumb {
        text-align: center;
    }
    h1.woocommerce-products-header__title {
        text-align: center;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Anna

Hey Leo, thanks for such a quick reply. Added to Custom CSS field but no change sadly.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

This is what I see now: https://s18.postimg.org/474enfymh/2018-01-16_1002.png

Try clearing your browser cache.

Anna

Yep, exactly, but I’d like the categories in the middle of the page, not left (as in, the three categories are centered, not all to the left).

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The problem is that it is currently set up for 5 columns when you only have 3 categories.

Will you be adding more categories?

Anna

Thanks Leo. Ah, I want 5 products per category page, which is why I set it to that. However there are 3 categories (eventually there will be 4). The issue is that having 4 products per page looks pretty messy.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry so what’s the preferable solution?

Centering the 3 existing categories when using 5 categories isn’t the best idea in my opinion. Won’t be very responsive.

Anna

Sorry for such a slow reply Leo! I think what I want can’t be done. I’ve managed to play around a bit now and it’s looking fine but it’s just a matter of the category pages having the same amount as the product pages to display it nicely on the page. Thanks for your help though.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem at all 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.