[Resolved] Centering the logo in sticky nav

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Centering the logo in sticky nav

Home Forums Support Centering the logo in sticky nav

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark

Hey all! Im trying to do something tricky here, so maybe I am not doing it right.

The URL is http://www.mendelaw.com.

The client wants the home page to be all black, no header with logo in the midddle. Done. Then when they scroll down they want to header/nav to appear (Easy) with the logo in the center of the nav. I’ve gotten so close but not close enough.

Secondary problem is the way the nav/header appears on the sub-pages. Take a look. What can I do?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It looks like you just need to move your menu item separator before the “About” item.

As for the inner pages, your menu item height is set to 20px in Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Mark

Thanks Tom! That was simple. I’m getting there. Next issue that this causes is that the Logo appears at the top when i dont want it to appear on at the top on the home page (except when scrolling down)

Secondly, it doesnt look perfectly centered. What did I do wrong there?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This might help: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/show-sticky-navigation-only/

The logo itself is perfectly centered. The menu items might be causing it to look like it’s not, but the only way to “fix” that is to make sure the menu items take up the same amount of space on the left and right.

Mark

Thanks so much Tom. I think i’m getting somewhere. It’s not perfect but its much better than it was. Thanks for your help and advice!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.