[Resolved] Center Post/Page title only if featured image set

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Center Post/Page title only if featured image set

Home Forums Support Center Post/Page title only if featured image set

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hans Christian Siller

Hi,

I would like to have my Post/Page title line (H1) left-aligned by default – BUT if the page/post has a featured image, I would like to switch to center-alignment.

Is it possible to achieve this with css? Or would I have to create a child theme and edit the php code?

Here’s my site: http://www.philosophysalons.com

The reaon for this formatting request:
    -without a featured image, the title line is right underneath the centered navigation menu. Since I am also using a sidebar, the nav menu will be truly centered, while the title will be off-center (due to the smaller content area). However, if there is a featured image, it must be center-aligned (and with it, the title underneath the featured image).

Thanks for any pointers!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Give this CSS a try:

.generate-page-header + .entry-header {
        text-align: center;
    }

Adding CSS: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-css/

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Hans Christian Siller

Hi Tom,

thanks for your quick response. But the css will center ALL H1 headlines. What I’m looking for is a way to center H1 headlines CONDITIONALLY (only if a featured image is set for the post/page in question).

Is it possible to do that with CSS – or would I need to start hacking the Php code?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That CSS should actually only center headlines that come right after the feature image. Have you tried it yet?

Hans Christian Siller

Tom,

thanks for your suggestion! You are correct – the + selector correctly centers the H1 text only if it is preceded by a featured image.

However, your code had the wrong class in it (at least for my install). It looks like I need to use .page-header-image-single instead of .generate-page-header

Here’s the CSS that works (center Post/Page title only if a featured image exists):

.page-header-image-single + .entry-header {
        text-align: center;
    }

Thanks for your help – everything is working great now!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, sorry about that! Glad you found the right class ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.