- This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months, 2 weeks ago by David.
March 8, 2018 at 9:16 am #514879sheik
I’m looking to add a banner/overlay to the featured image – sort of like the ‘SOLD’ banner seen on some sites.
for example: https://usgolfcars.com/sold-banner-red/
Would anyone know of a plugin (or source code) on how to accomplish this?
ThanksGeneratePress 2.0.2March 8, 2018 at 8:24 pm #515260TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperMarch 9, 2018 at 6:33 am #515550sheik
Thanks for taking a look.
I am looking to do it For ones in a specific category.
PS: This would be a nice feature to include in WP ShowPosts pro 😉March 9, 2018 at 10:29 am #515813TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
What plugin are you using to display posts right now? It doesn’t seem to add the category to the post container, which makes it impossible to target specific categories.March 9, 2018 at 12:16 pm #515907sheik
I am using ContentView Pro. It allows to list posts by category among other things.March 9, 2018 at 9:26 pm #516103TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperMarch 10, 2018 at 7:49 am #516454sheik
Hey Thanks Tom. I managed to get CV to work in an acceptable way.March 10, 2018 at 10:16 am #516537TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperAugust 27, 2020 at 3:57 am #1420128Helen
I have just installed your plugin to replace a ThemeForest theme I have been using for a couple of years. The bulk is crazy, so I am hoping to significantly reduce the load speed of my site.
Can I just say thank you for making the theme so easy to navigate, it is extremely user friendly to make changes that tidy up the migration. I have two things to resolve please;
1. I would like to add an overlay to the ‘featured’ images on the categories. This would be different for each category, but there would be text on every one. I cannot see how to do that.
2. I have added an slider (using livemesh addons) to the home page, but it now leaves a large gap between that and the navigation menu (presumably where the featured image would go), how can I reduce this?
Thank so much,
HelenAugust 27, 2020 at 4:55 am #1420188DavidStaffCustomer Support
welcome to GP Premium 🙂
May i suggest you raise a new topic for these questions
– it will make it much easier for you to find them under your Forum Profile if you need to in the future.
– and new topics have a Site URL field where you can share you site link privately.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.