[Resolved] Category styling

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Category styling

Home Forums Support Category styling

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jay

Hi,

I’ve created a page using WP Show Posts for categories that looks really nice, but I can’t use it due to missing schema tags.
    Anyway, I’m trying to make the default category page look more presentable.
    You can see the default page in the website URL, and my custom page can be accessed at /cat-diet/
    How can I make the default look more like my custom page? Notice the spacing, padding, and so on.
    I’d like for the read more button to display as well, but I can only make that work if I leave excerpts empty.

Thanks!

Jay

Making some progress. This code separates the articles better but also pushes them in on both sides making it uneven with the header.

.generate-columns-container:not(.masonry-container), .generate-columns-container:not(.masonry-container) .generate-columns {
        padding: 10px;
    }
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Have you played with the “Separating space” option in Customize > Layout > Container?

It should separate the posts for you.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Jay

Yup, that did it!
    Last thing to make it perfect, how can I make the read more button display? As mentioned, I can only get them to show if I remove the custom excerpt from posts but I really don’t want to do that.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Jay

Perfect! Thanks a lot.
    Adding the button has led me to another question. See /blog/ on the same website. Notice how the read more button isn’t centered? If I make them 100% width, they end up touching. I just need to shift them to the right a little.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you set the buttons width: 100%; then add this property: box-sizing: border-box;

Jay

Perfect! Thanks a lot, team.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad we could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.