[Resolved] Category Specific Posts in Sidebar Widget?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Category Specific Posts in Sidebar Widget?

Home Forums Support Category Specific Posts in Sidebar Widget?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    surfing

What is the best way to show only category specific posts in a sidebar widget? Is there a plugin you recommend or is this possible using GP?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I would recommend checking out Tom’s WP Show Posts: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-posts/

Let me know if this helps.

surfing

I have WP Show Posts Pro installed and have created a post list that shows the 5 most recent posts belonging to a category called All Animals. I put the WPSP short code in a sidebar widget and the widget displays the posts on all categories. However, I only want the post list to display when viewing posts in the All Animals category. How can this be accomplished? Do I use the “More Settings” tab in WPSP? I have tried meta key and meta value but I don’t think I am entering the correct values. I’m using all-animals for the category.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you have the Pro version already, can you open a topic in Show Posts’ forum?
    https://wpshowposts.com/support/area/pro-support/

Thanks!

surfing

Hi Leo, I posted over at the WP Show Posts support forums and have not received any help. It looks like its been at least at week since there have been any responses.

If I can’t use WP Show Posts. What is the second best alternative?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I tested and it should work.

Just answered your thread on show posts 🙂

Rafał

Since WP 5.8 we don’t need a plugin to achieve the topic need. The new “Latest posts” widget allows to choose categories to display. Nice, isn’t it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Category Specific Posts in Sidebar Widget?’ is closed to new replies.