[Resolved] Category info alignment

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Category info alignment

Home Forums Support Category info alignment

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Stella

Hi All,

1) I have found some threads and finally moved the meta info above the title using the PHP and CSS below!

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/change-position-of-meta-information-on-home-page/

/* category under the image */
    .cat-links {
    display: inline
    }

.comments-link {
    padding-left: 10px;
    display: inline
    }

But how could I please align these to the center? I have searched loads but couldn’t find out how.

UPDATE: I have aligned them to the center but now I’m wondering question no.3 πŸ™‚

2) From the CSS & PHP above, it only applies to the first post on the homepage. (Post navigation) How could I apply these to all of the posts in the navigation?

3) Also, is there any way to change the font and the color for meta info?

+++++

4) I just realised that the homepage isn’t the same as blog page. So I used WP Show Posts plugin to create a separate blog page but it’s not the same as homepage. Would there be any way to make them both the same using GP? If not, would I need to create the whole new page for the blog section?

I use Elementor Pro as well but because I feel that using GP for the homepage is more customisable so just really want to make this blog page with GP same as the homepage, after all.

Ultimately, I’d like to set the blog page as a homepage once it’s all the same.

Please help,

Many thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Stella

Hi Leo,

I have added the website link. Thank you!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

2. You’ve solved this as well I assume? I can see it working on all posts.

3. Check Customizer > Colors > Content

4. So which one do you want? Make the home page like the blog page or blog page like the home page?

Stella

Hi Leo,

2. It’s actually not. The meta info is below the featured photo but I’d like it above the featured photos for all of the posts. I’ve just added featured photos to show you. Could you please help?

3. Great! Thank you πŸ™‚

3. Make the blog page like the home page.

Thank you so much in advance!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

2. This is the snippet you are using?
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/change-position-of-meta-information-on-home-page/#post-453936

If so try this instead:

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'tu_move_footer_entry_meta' );
    function tu_move_footer_entry_meta() {
        if ( ! is_singular() ) {
            remove_action( 'generate_after_entry_content', 'generate_footer_meta' );
            add_action( 'generate_after_entry_header', 'generate_footer_meta' , 1 );
        }
    }

4. So having the title centered on the page Blog? If so try this:

.wp-show-posts .wp-show-posts-entry-title {
        text-align: center;
    }
    Stella

Q2 – Worked! Thanks a lot!

Q4 – Thank you Leo. Rather than only just aligning the title to the center, I would like the page Blog exactly same as the home page – the font, the gap between the read more button and the title of the post underneath, meta info etc. Or would it be possible to make or copy the archive page (home page) as a separate page to set it as a page Blog?

FYI, I’m trying to make a sidebar on the home page and have left another question below, so the home page and the page Blog won’t look the same at the moment as they’re not connected…:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/right-sidebar-location/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

4. So are you actually wanting a static front page and a separate blog page? Then that case you shouldn’t even need WP Show Posts no?

Front page is WordPress setting: https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

Stella

Great! I had no idea it was that simple. Too much of a learning curve!
    Thanks a lot Leo!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.