[Resolved] category header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] category header

Home Forums Support category header

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel

Hello, I use the page header module in my posts and I am able to change the image so that the featured image is displayed (which by the way is wonderful because I don’t have to create a different header for each post).

I would like to use the same trick with categories. As categories don’t have featured images by default, I tried to use a couple of plugins to give them one. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work with Page Header and no images is displayed.

So my question : do I have to create a different Page Header for each category ? Or is there a workaround ?

Thanks for your time.
    Gabriel

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If you want each category page header to have different image then yes you would need to create a different page header for each category.

Let me know if this answers your question πŸ™‚

Gabriel

Ok thank you for your answer.
    I imagine creating a dynamic header for category would require to alter the code a bit too much for the trouble…

Well, I don’t have that many categories anyway πŸ™‚
    Have a nice day,
    Gabriel

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

You as well πŸ™‚

Naim

Hello, I want to use category header as post header. I have tried to create a element. But it does not work. Please help me to create a category header.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you raise a new topic where you can share a link to your site, and we can advise.

Naim

Hi, Please see my category header at https://batterym.com/category/blog/. Actually I want to create category header similar to page header https://batterym.com/battery-buying-guide/. I am looking forward for your advice. Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In Appearance > Elements you have a Block Element set to display on Posts > All Posts.
    Make another Block Element with the same set up as your current element and set the Display Rules Locations to:

Blog

and

All Archives

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.