[Resolved] Category Description to not be displayed

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Category Description to not be displayed

Home Forums Support Category Description to not be displayed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pete Baker

Hi,
    When editing my categories I notice beneath the description box “The description is not prominent by default; however, some themes may show it.”

Can I opt for my category description to be loaded for seo but to not display on category pages, or is this still frowned upon by Google?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That would be frowned upon. They don’t like when websites try to do something just for Google and not your users.

Pete Baker

Thanks Tom. Iunderstand but if this is the case, I must ask why WordPress chooses to hide this as their default then?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s up to the theme to display it or not, not WordPress. GP displays the category description for you by default πŸ™‚

Pete Baker

Thanks Tom, much appreciated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Jai Hari Shankar

Hello there.I had same issue and came across this forum topic.My description in category page was also not showing.After trying many codes etc i found out that if we don’t have any blogs related to that category it wont show up the description.As soon as i added one blog under that category,description of my category pages started showing.Hope this helps.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for sharing the solution πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.