[Resolved] Category acting strange

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Category acting strange

Home Forums Support Category acting strange

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Barbara Lougheed

Why does this category: http://www.tiredthyroid.com/category/conditions-caused-by-low-thyroid-levels

look different than the others? http://www.tiredthyroid.com/category/tsh-thyroid-testing-and-interpretation

The second example is how they should all look.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks like you have the mobile theme activated in Jetpack, and for some reason it’s activating on desktop.

Going to “Jetpack > Settings” and deactivating the mobile site module should fix it ๐Ÿ™‚

Barbara Lougheed

I deactivated just the mobile setting and it’s still not right. Help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re positive it’s deactivated? That layout shouldn’t show if it’s deactivated.

Are you using any caching plugins you may need to flush?

Barbara Lougheed

It says “activate,” so it must be deactivated. W3 Total Cache is an active plug-in, but there are no “empty cache” messages. Am I supposed to change something there too? Are you seeing two different layouts when you access it?

Barbara Lougheed

OMG, it looks like it’s back to normal now! But logically, ALL categories should’ve showed incorrectly, not just one, if it were from the Mobile feature, no?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Seems like there was some sort of bug within the Jetpack mobile module – it should only fire on mobile devices. Do you have everything up to date?

Barbara Lougheed

It’s running the latest update of JetPack. And the problem is back with the mobile feature OFF.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Barbara Lougheed

Thanks so much for your insight Tom. I deleted W3 Total Cache and installed another cache plug-in instead. It appears to be working now. And thanks for straightening out my widgets the other day too. Now both sites look right! You’re a gem!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Perfect! Happy I was able to help out ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.